Our brand new old couch from the DI

Image

Here it the couch I really disliked, the cushion were needing stuffing and the material was not fun to sit on. So I decided to recover the couch and make it look amazing and more comfortable.

Image

I take a lot of pictures during the process of taking apart furniture to reupolster, it helps me remember what to do next. I’m just showing you the fully stripped down couch before I started recovering it. I did staple on new layer of 1/2 inch foam over the old stuff to help make it look new again.

Image

And this is the end result of the whole process! It took me a couple of months to take apart the whole thing since I have two boys I only worked on it an hour or so a day. The two blue pillow that go so well with the couch I found at the local thrift store for about 6 dollars for both.

Image

This is a close up of the pattern on the material. I was able to get this material for really cheap on fabricguru.com, I have plenty left over to make and redo a couple more smaller projects.

Advertisements